Re: Support "Right Semi Join" plan shapes

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Support "Right Semi Join" plan shapes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 5:59 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that this patch changes the plan of a query in join.sql from
> a semi join to right semi join, compromising the original purpose of
> this query, which was to test the fix for neqjoinsel's behavior for
> semijoins (see commit 7ca25b7d).
>
> --
> -- semijoin selectivity for <>
> --
> explain (costs off)
> select * from int4_tbl i4, tenk1 a
> where exists(select * from tenk1 b
>              where a.twothousand = b.twothousand and a.fivethous <> b.fivethous)
>       and i4.f1 = a.tenthous;
>
> So I've changed this test case a bit so that it is still testing what it
> is supposed to test.

I've refined this test case further to make it more stable by using an
additional filter 'a.tenthous < 5000'.  Besides, I noticed a surplus
blank line in ExecHashJoinImpl().  I've removed it in the v7 patch.

Thanks
Richard

От: Tatsuro Yamada
Сообщение: Re: Showing applied extended statistics in explain Part 2
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15