Re: Assert !bms_overlap(joinrel->relids, required_outer)

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Assert !bms_overlap(joinrel->relids, required_outer)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 10:39 AM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 10:09 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
However, given that what we need is to exclude parameterization
that depends on the currently-formed OJ, it seems to me we can do
it more simply and without any new JoinPathExtraData field,
as attached.  What do you think?

I think it makes sense.  At first I wondered if we should also exclude
parameterization that depends on OJs that have already been formed as
part of this joinrel.  But it seems not possible that the input paths
have parameterization dependency on these OJs.  So it should be
sufficient to only consider the currently-formed OJ.

BTW, it seems that extra->sjinfo would always have a valid value here.
So maybe we do not need to check if it is not NULL explicitly?

Thanks
Richard

От: Alena Rybakina
Сообщение: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: Do we want a hashset type?