Re: Support run-time partition pruning for hash join

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: Support run-time partition pruning for hash join
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 6:41 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:
So it seems that the new costing logic is quite crude and tends to be
very conservative, but it can help avoid the large overhead in the worst
cases.  I think this might be a good start to push this patch forward.

Any thoughts or comments?

I rebased this patch over the latest master.  Nothing changed except
that I revised the new added test case to make it more stable.

However, the cfbot indicates that there are test cases that fail on
FreeBSD [1] (no failure on other platforms).  So I set up a FreeBSD-13
locally but just cannot reproduce the failure.  I must be doing
something wrong.  Can anyone give me some hints or suggestions?

FYI. The failure looks like:

 explain (costs off)
   select p2.a, p1.c from permtest_parent p1 inner join permtest_parent p2
   on p1.a = p2.a and left(p1.c, 3) ~ 'a1$';
-                     QUERY PLAN
- Hash Join
-   Hash Cond: (p2.a = p1.a)
-   ->  Seq Scan on permtest_grandchild p2
-   ->  Hash
-         ->  Seq Scan on permtest_grandchild p1
-               Filter: ("left"(c, 3) ~ 'a1$'::text)
-(6 rows)
-
+ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 1130127496

[1] https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5334808075698176/testrun/build/testrun/regress/regress/regression.diffs

Thanks
Richard

От: Shlok Kyal
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Allow INSTEAD OF DELETE triggers to modify the tuple for RETURNING
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication