Re: BUG #18422: Assert in expandTupleDesc() fails on row mismatch with additional SRF

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #18422: Assert in expandTupleDesc() fails on row mismatch with additional SRF
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 11:32 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> writes:
> I wonder why the v2 patch does not apply this same rule in
> process_function_rte_ref(), by checking if the 'rtfunc' has a coldeflist
> before it calls get_expr_result_tupdesc.

I guess we could.  It won't matter because the following code will
reject RECORD in any case; but we could save a few cycles by not
calling get_expr_result_tupdesc there.

Indeed.  I think it would be better to add this same rule to
process_function_rte_ref(), or at least write some comments there to
explain why it is not necessary to check rtfunc->funccolnames while
other places do.

Thanks
Richard

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18422: Assert in expandTupleDesc() fails on row mismatch with additional SRF
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18425: KB5036892 Microsoft Update Package Issue