Re: Materialized View Patch File

От Neel Patel
Тема Re: Materialized View Patch File
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the comment.

We made the changes as you suggested.

Please find the updated patch in attachment and let me know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi

I realised this code is all wonky anyway - why is IsMaterializedView()
not just an accessor over a pgView private variable that is set in
pgViewFactory::CreateObjects when we create the object? We already
know at that point whether it's a matview or not (from
pg_class.relkind). Querying pg_class every time we want to check if
the view is materialized or not is horribly inefficient. There should
be just one function, that is a member of pgView and takes no
arguments. Whereever it's called, we just need to get the pgView
object and call it.

Please fix.

Thanks.

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Bug in the graphical explain
От: Richard PALO
Сообщение: Fwd: patch proposal for acinclude.m4 to better support gcc on illumos/smartos