Re: Upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3 causes performance degradation

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3 causes performance degradation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Álvaro Nunes Lemos Melo <al_nunes@atua.com.br> wrote:

==> Venkata
> After the migration to hardware and to the new version 9.3, any changes have been done in the postgresql.conf compared to the old settings ?
No, as I wrote initially, I'd double checked and the four conf files have the same parameters.

> Any maintenance activities (VACUUM or VACUUM FULL and ANALYZE) have been performed after the migration ?
ANALYZE yes. VACUUM or VACUUM FULL no, because I ran the test on recently restores and unchanged databases.

How did you do the restore?  Please VACUUM and retest.  At best it will fix the problem, and if it doesn't it will at least rule out a bunch of possibilities for the source of the problem.

Cheers,

Jeff

От: Ken Barber
Сообщение: Re: General Advice for avoiding concurrency during schema migrations
От: "john.tiger"
Сообщение: thanks core team for jsonb