Re: Postgres Point in time Recovery (PITR),

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Postgres Point in time Recovery (PITR),
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 1:59 AM Daulat Ram <Daulat.Ram@exponential.com> wrote:

Hello All,

Can you please share some ideas and scenarios how we can do the PITR in case of disaster.

It depends on what you mean by "disaster".  Usually I think that would mean your server (or entire data center) was destroyed.  In this case, you would want to restore to the latest time available.  I would say that this is not PITR at all, that is just regular recovery.

If someone truncated a table 3 weeks ago, and you didn't realize it until today, that is a scenario for PITR.  Are you using "disaster" to cover this scenario?

Cheers,

Jeff

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: jsonb_set() strictness considered harmful to data
От: Avinash Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Point in time Recovery (PITR),