Re: postrgesql query planner wrong desicion

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: postrgesql query planner wrong desicion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 4:48 AM Kenny Bachman <kenny.bachman17@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Team,

I have a 12.11 postgresql database on Linux. When I ran the below query, the query planner uses the gist index. However, the query runs faster if I drop the gist index, because the query planner uses the b-tree index. Why does the query planner use the gist index instead of the b-tree?

Please show the definition of both indexes.  Also, eliminate the joins and where clause conditions which are not needed to reproduce the base problem, then show the full plans, not just one line.

Cheers,

Jeff

От: Kenny Bachman
Сообщение: Re: postrgesql query planner wrong desicion
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: postrgesql query planner wrong desicion