Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> wrote:

I have performance issues with two big tables. Those tables are located on an oracle remote database. I'm running the quert : insert into local_postgresql_table select * from oracle_remote_table.

The first table has 45M records and its size is 23G. The import of the data from the oracle remote database is taking 1 hour and 38 minutes.

To investigate this, I'd decouple the two steps and see how long each one takes:

\copy (select * from oracle_remote_table) to /tmp/tmp with binary
\copy local_postresql_table from /tmp/tmp with binary

Cheers,

Jeff

От: Rick Otten
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] performance problem on big tables
От: Jeremy Finzel
Сообщение: [PERFORM] Odd sudden performance degradation related to temp object churn