Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1 March 2016 at 20:45, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> 0001-Change-behavior-...
>
>   Changes of PostmasterNode.pm and TestLib.pm to add some
>   features and change a behavior.

+   # Preserve temporary directory for this test if failure
+   $File::Temp::KEEP_ALL = 1 unless Test::More->builder->is_passing;
+1. Having the data folders being removed even in case of a failure is
really annoying.

I agree on all points re your review. Keeping tempdirs is really needed, the tempdir name change is good, the  the rest I'm not keen on.

I've addressed the need to get stderr from psql in a patch I'll submit separately, which provides a thinner wrapper around IPC::Run for more complex needs, then uses that for the existing 'psql' function. It also provides a 'psql_check' that dies on error.

I'll incorporate the wanted changes into that patch.

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Timeline following for logical slots
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Patch: fix lock contention for HASHHDR.mutex