Re: Adding node to bdr group

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Adding node to bdr group
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Can I just do a bdr.bdr_group_join? Just want to confirm what the best practice is as I haven't seen anything in the documentation about this.

Yes, you can just do a bdr.bdr_group_join (http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/functions-node-mgmt.html) on the new node, specifying the dsn of either existing node, just like you did when creating the first node.

Alternately, you can use bdr_init_copy (http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/command-bdr-init-copy.html) to do a clone of the whole database installation and bring it up as a new peer. Note that this will copy other non-BDR databases too, since it does a pg_basebackup and pg_basebackup doesn't have any facility for including/excluding individual databases. This can be a better option for a big database.

In either case if the new node join fails for any reason you must make sure to manually remove the replication slots created on either/both existing nodes to prevent WAL from accumulating until they run out of disk space.

Hi there, I want to add another node to my BDR group and was wondering what the best practice is. My database is about 4gb. Current servers on west coast and new server is on east coast.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] about test_parser installation failure problem(PostgreSQL in 9.5.0)?
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: [BDR] Best practice to automatically abort a DDL operation when one node is down