Re: Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL

От aditya desai
Тема Re: Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks Steve!! All of the below are supported for DB Links.
Postgres VM - Oracle 12 c
Postgres VM - Azure Postgres
Azure Postgres - Azure Postgres
Oracle - Postgres VM
Oracle - Azure Postgres

Stuck with anything that is outgoing from Azure Postgres. Will check Bastion Host or try pg_dump/restore.

Regards,
Aditya.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 10:10 PM Steve Midgley <science@misuse.org> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 9:43 PM aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Erik,
Sincere apologies. Maybe  I wasn't clear. We need to transfer data between Azure PostgreSQL to On Prem Open Source PostgreSQL and Azure PostgreSQL to on Prem Oracle. Azure PostgreSQL is not allowing outgoing traffic through DB Links outside the same region. That's where we are looking for API-like solutions.

Regards,
Aditya.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM Erik Brandsberg <erik@heimdalldata.com> wrote:
Honestly, what you are saying is that you aren't allowed to use a firecracker due to fire concerns, but is there a way to use dynamite instead.  If fdw isn't allowed, then callouts to other language environments shouldn't be allowed either.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:28 AM aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL? We need to transfer data between PostgreSQL and Oracle and oracle_fdw is not allowed due to security concerns in the environment. Also one of PostgresQL in Azure PostgreSQL and others are open source on prem.

Why not use PG replicate to a server that you do control (that might be Erik's "bastion" suggestion), or pg_dump/restore to a similar server, and then execute the business logic and ETL over to Oracle from there?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Programadores cba
Сообщение: Re: How to revoke access and list schema objects
От: Sridhar Parepalli
Сообщение: Backup Functions