finding if a period is multiples of a given interval

От c k
Тема finding if a period is multiples of a given interval
Дата
Re: finding if a period is multiples of a given interval  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I have two variables in pl/pgsql function.
p_fromdate and p_todate

I have another variable which represents intervals like day, month, quarter etc.
p_interval as smallint,  to hold values like 1,2,3, which are substituted for intervals as '1 day', '1 month - 1 day', '3 months - 1 day' respectively.
Now, I have to find if the period of given two dates (p_todate - p_fromdate) is multiples of the given interval or not?

e.g. p_fromdate = '01/04/2010';
p_todate = '31/03/2013';

p_interval=3 (which is a quarter).

I need to find out if the period of ('31/03/2013' - '01/04/2010') clearly multiple of a quarter and modulus = 0.
Important point is user can enter any dates and choose any interval to check. 'Day' interval fits to any dates. For 'month' and others, number of days, minutes, seconds are varying. So we can not use the fixed values for them neither we can use '1 month - 1 day' or any interval in division. Also we can not cast them to integers.

How to get it done?

От: Bob Futrelle
Сообщение: JDBC - Need to declare variables for values in insert statement
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: JDBC - Need to declare variables for values in insert statement