Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode

От c k
Тема Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode
Дата
Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode
Список pgsql-admin
It we can disable the TRUST mode then every user have to login with password and every fraud user have to know the password (at least) of the user. It is not the case that users from other departments share their passwords, but fraud users just bypasses the need to know the password.

C P Kulkarni

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de> wrote:
Am 10.03.2012 16:09, schrieb Jan Lentfer:

Sorry, maybe I do not entirely understand what you mean, but just >don't
use< trust in you pg_hba.conf?

Reading it again, I'd say this is your problem:

"The simplest way is >to get the control of the server< and then change the mode of the authentication to trust and restart the server."

If anyone can do that with your server, how would disabling trust improve anything?

Jan

От: Frank Lanitz
Сообщение: Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode
От: Frank Lanitz
Сообщение: Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode