Re: Failure during Building Postgres in Windows with Meson

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: Failure during Building Postgres in Windows with Meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Adding Kyotaro to CC because Kyotaro reported a similar issue before [1].

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 at 11:59, Shlok Kyal <shlok.kyal.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to build postgres with meson on Windows. And I am stuck in
> the process.
>
> Steps I followed:
>
> 1. I clone postgres repo
>
> 2.Installed meson and ninja
> pip install meson ninja
>
> 3. Then running following command:
> meson setup build --buildtype debug
>
> 4. Then I ran
> cd build
> ninja
>
> Got following error
> D:\project\repo\pg_meson\postgres\build>C:\Users\kyals\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python311\Scripts\ninja
> ninja: error: 'src/backend/postgres_lib.a.p/meson_pch-c.obj', needed
> by 'src/backend/postgres.exe', missing and no known rule to make it.

I am able to reproduce the error. This error was introduced at meson
v1.2.0, v1.1.0 and before work successfully. It seems meson tries to
use pch files although Postgres is compiled with b_pch=false.
This error occurs when Developer Powershell for VS is used and
Postgres is compiled with b_pch=false option (which is the default on
Postgres). If the -Db_pch=true option or the default powershell is
used, Postgres gets built successfully.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20231018.113148.1275969479525954369.horikyota.ntt@gmail.com

--
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ensure, not insure
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Bug: RLS policy FOR SELECT is used to check new rows