Re: CREATE DATABASE with filesystem cloning

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: CREATE DATABASE with filesystem cloning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, 16 May 2024 at 17:47, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 9:43 AM Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually, the documentation for the file_copy_method was mentioning
> > the things it controls; I converted it to an itemized list now. Also,
> > changed the comment to: 'Further uses of this function requires
> > updates to the list that GUC controls in its documentation.'. v7 is
> > attached.
>
> I think the comments need some wordsmithing.

I changed it to 'Uses of this function must be documented in the list
of places affected by this GUC.', I am open to any suggestions.

> I don't see why this parameter should be PGC_POSTMASTER.

I changed it to 'PGC_USERSET' now. My initial point was the database
or tablespace to be copied with the same method. I thought copying
some portion of the database with the copy and rest with the clone
could cause potential problems. After a bit of searching, I could not
find any problems related to that.

v8 is attached.

--
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz

От: Bertrand Drouvot
Сообщение: Re: Avoid orphaned objects dependencies, take 3
От: Andrei Lepikhov
Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization