Re: zlib detection in Meson on Windows broken?

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: zlib detection in Meson on Windows broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, 21 May 2024 at 18:24, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 May 2024 at 16:04, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2024-05-20 11:58:05 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> > I have very little experience with Meson, and even less interpreting it's
>> > logs, but it seems to me that it's not including the extra lib and include
>> > directories when it runs the test compile, given the command line it's
>> > reporting:
>> >
>> > cl C:\Users\dpage\git\postgresql\build\meson-private\tmpg_h4xcue\testfile.c
>> > /nologo /showIncludes /utf-8 /EP /nologo /showIncludes /utf-8 /EP /Od /Oi-
>> >
>> > Bug, or am I doing something silly?
>>
>> It's a buglet. We rely on meson's internal fallback detection of zlib, if it's
>> not provided via pkg-config or cmake. But it doesn't know about our
>> extra_include_dirs parameter. We should probably fix that...
>

> Oh good, then I'm not going bonkers. I'm still curious about how it works for Andrew but not me, however fixing that
bugletshould solve my issue, and would be sensible behaviour.

> Thanks!

I tried to install your latest zlib artifact (nmake one) to the
Windows CI images (not the official ones) [1]. Then, I used the
default meson.build file to build but meson could not find the zlib.
After that, I modified it like you suggested before; I used a
'cc.find_library()' to find zlib as a fallback method and it seems it
worked [2]. Please see meson setup logs below [3], does something
similar to the attached solve your problem?

The interesting thing is, I also tried this 'cc.find_library' method
with your old artifact (cmake one). It was able to find zlib but all
tests failed [4].

Experimental zlib meson.build diff is attached.

[1] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6736867247259648
[2] https://cirrus-ci.com/build/5286228755480576
[3]
Run-time dependency zlib found: NO (tried pkgconfig, cmake and system)
Has header "zlib.h" : YES
Library zlib found: YES
  External libraries
    zlib                   : YES
[4] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5208433811521536

--
Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz

От: Wang Yao
Сообщение: An implementation of multi-key sort
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: State of pg_createsubscriber