Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Joe,

Looking at the installation log, it seems the installer is not returning the reported error message but I see the post installation steps like creation of cluster and starting of the services missing. Are you running the installer with a non-admin user account? Or did you run the installer in the extract-only mode?

On Thu, May 9, 2024 at 1:14 PM 周志勤 <joe.zhou@dualhelios.com> wrote:
Hi Sandeep

I have installed the test package you delivered. The  installation is succesful with installation log attached.

Please check the log to see if you can close the issue.

Best regards,
Joe

Date: 2024-05-09 00:04
Subject: Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432
Hi,

We have identified a bug in the PostgreSQL installer and fixed it. But with further testing of the generated installer, we are seeing an intermittent issue with the ACL on the data directory and starting of the service. Would it be possible for you to install the test installer and confirm if the installation is successful ? The test installer (not for production use) is available for download here

thanks

On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 7:39 AM 周志勤 <joe.zhou@dualhelios.com> wrote:
Hi,Thomas

Thanks for your quick response.

If I understand what you mentioned below correctly, I suppose the issue is on the right place,i.e. EDB PostgreSQL installer and Sandeep is working on that.

If it turns out to be some connecting issue in pgadmin or even postgreSQL after Sandeep's investigation, then we can turn to them respectively. Correct?

Best regards,
Joe

Date: 2024-05-06 09:37
On Mon, May 6, 2024 at 1:15 PM 周志勤 <joe.zhou@dualhelios.com> wrote:
> I have reported a bug on postgreSQL on the bug in the title as you advised.
>
> However it has been rejected by postgreSQL as they think it should be reported on pgadmin.
>
> Do you have any coordination mechnism bewteen pgadmin and postgresql  to avoid ping-pong there ? or I have some misuderstanding there?

Hi Joe,

https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/edb-installers/issues/106 seems to be still open, no?

Note there are three separate projects here:

1.  PostgreSQL (that's what this mailing list, pgsql-bugs, is about)
2.  EDB PostgreSQL installer for Windows
3.  PGAdmin (a GUI for using PostgreSQL)

As far as I can tell so far, the problem you reported is in #2, and that https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/edb-installers/issues/106  seems to be in the right place to talk to the right people about that, or if not, hopefully they will explain why not.  As for why you saw that error when you were installing PGAdmin, leading to the first ping-pong cycle, perhaps the Windows installer for #3 also installs #2 or something like that?  I dunno because I don't use Windows or those installers myself...  I was just trying to redirect things to the right people...  Hopefully there will be a response there!

--
Sandeep Thakkar

--
Sandeep Thakkar

От: 周志勤
Сообщение: Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432
От: 周志勤
Сообщение: Re: Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432