Re: BUG #18012: Installer fails to run .bat files when they are registered to Notepad++

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: BUG #18012: Installer fails to run .bat files when they are registered to Notepad++
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Matt,

Thanks for reporting the issue and for the analysis. We will look further and try to address this issue. Thank you

On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 4:24 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18012
Logged by:          Matt Feemster
Email address:      matt.feemster@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.3
Operating system:   Windows 10 Pro

When running the installer it proceeds until just about the end, then hangs
indefinitely trying to initialize the database.
I noticed that when this happened, Notepad++ would open two .bat temporary
batch files.
I realized that the .bat file extension was registered to be opened with
Notepad++, which caused the scripts not to be run, but rather just opened as
text.
Once I de-registered Notepad++ as the default program for .bat files, the
installer completed successfully.

I think you may need to explicitly use cmd.exe to run the .bat files, rather
than just "opening" them.

--
Sandeep Thakkar

От: shveta malik
Сообщение: Re: Backend handling replication slot stuck using 100% cpu, unkillable
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18014: Releasing catcache entries makes schema_to_xmlschema() fail when parallel workers are used