Re: JSONpath query that returns paths to the matches

От Alex R
Тема Re: JSONpath query that returns paths to the matches
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi David,

Thank you for the swift reply. After ruling out the option of doing that by leveraging JSONPath, I took a different approach and wrote a function in pl/pgsql that does not need these paths at all. I could deviate a bit, because I had some wiggle room in the context of the bigger problem I was working on.

For others who might be confronted with a similar problem in the future, here is a minimal example that uses Python and a library called jsonpath_ng, which tells you what the match is and where it occurs:

```
# pip install jsonpath_ng

import json
from jsonpath_ng import jsonpath, parse

raw = '''{
  "this": "that",
  "that": [{"x": "aaa"},{"y": "missed"}],
  "nested": {
        "deep": {
        "x": "bbb"
      }
  }
}'''

data = json.loads(raw)
query = parse('$..x')

results = query.find(data)
for entry in results:
    print(f'{entry.full_path} -> {entry.value}')

# that.[0].x -> aaa
# nested.deep.x -> bbb
```

Porting this to pl/python is left as an exercise for the reader :-)

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: JSONpath query that returns paths to the matches
От: Rocky Ji
Сообщение: pgAdmin4 - How to get ERD from existing schema (details skipped in documentation)?