Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN

От Nikolay Samokhvalov
Тема Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN
Дата
Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN  (Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 12:43 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
I agree that this matters at the level of whole indexes.

I already realized my mistake – indeed, having multiple errors for 1 index
doesn't seem to be super practically helpful.

I think that that problem should be solved at a higher level, in the
program that runs amcheck. Note that pg_amcheck will already do this
for B-Tree indexes.

That's a great tool, and it's great it supports parallelization, very useful
on large machines.

We should add a "Tip" to the amcheck documentation on 14+ about this.
We should clearly advise users that they should probably just use
pg_amcheck.

and with -j$N, with high $N (unless it's production)

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: when the startup process doesn't (logging startup delays)