Re: Restricting user to see schema structure

От Neeraj M R
Тема Re: Restricting user to see schema structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Bryn,

What I meant by 'created a new user' is that I have used the following commands.

CREATE USER <user_name> WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '<password>';
GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE <database> TO <user_name>;
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA <schema> TO <user_name>;

Thanks & Regards
Neeraj

On Fri, May 13, 2022, 10:43 Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
neerajmr12219@gmail.com wrote:

I am using pgAdmin . I have a database 'db' and it has got 2 schemas 'schema1' and 'schema2', I have created some views in schema2  from tables of schema1. I have created a new user and granted connection access to database and granted usage on tables and views of schema2 only. But now the problem is that the new user is able to see the table names of schema1 even though the user cannot see the data present in them they can see the table names. Is there any way I can completely hide schema1 from the new user.

What exactly do you mean by "have created a new user and granted connection access to database"? As I understand it, there's no such thing. I mentioned a simple test in my earlier email that showed that any user (with no schema of its own and no granted privileges) can connect to any database—and see the full metadata account of all its content. I'm teaching myself to live with this.

От: Bryn Llewellyn
Сообщение: Re: Restricting user to see schema structure
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Deferred constraint trigger semantics