Re: displaying line breaks / increasing row height in pgadmin

От Usman Khan
Тема Re: displaying line breaks / increasing row height in pgadmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,
There seems no automatic way to achieve this in pgadmin 4 yet.

To cater the situation so that you do not miss any such output and get an immediate clue that particular column or cell contain carriage return we can tweak with the query a little like following (which replaces carriage return with '\n')

SELECT REPLACE(your_column, E'\n', '\n') AS formatted_text
FROM your_table;

Additionally, any questions related to pgadmin 4 can directly be asked at 'pgadmin-hackers' for quick response.

Note: Removing psql-hackers and adding pgadmin-hackers in the mail list.

On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 4:47 PM Luke Campbell <lukejcampbell7@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi pgadmin maillist,

Is there a way to make the results grid in pgadmin automatically increase rows' height if a string contains a carriage return?

I've updated pgadmin 4 to 8.6 and strings in the results grid now seem to display line breaks / carriage returns by default, but this has caused me to incorrectly think that was the end of the string. I would like these strings to display as paragraphs or otherwise indicate that there's more than what's displayed.

Yours,

От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: Translators: Release next week (v8.7)
От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: pgAdmin4 v8.7 candidate builds