Re: BUG #6452: psql: can't change client encoding from the command line

От Félix GERZAGUET
Тема Re: BUG #6452: psql: can't change client encoding from the command line
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks for the workaround. I'll use it untill the bug is fixed :-)

--
Félix

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On 11.02.2012 20:02, felix.gerzaguet@gmail.com wrote:
Using the command line, I can't change the client encoding, but I can change
it using the "\encoding" command :

C:\>psql --variable=ENCODING=UTF8
could not find a "psql" to execute
could not find a "psql" to execute
psql (9.1.2)
WARNING: Console code page (850) differs from Windows code page (1252)
         8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
         page "Notes for Windows users" for details.
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# \encoding
WIN1252
postgres=# \echo :ENCODING
WIN1252
postgres=# \encoding UTF8
postgres=# \encoding
UTF8
postgres=# \echo :ENCODING
UTF8
postgres=# \q

Yeah, "\set ENCODING UTF8" doesn't seem to work either. The "ENCODING" psql variable tracks changes to the server's client_encoding setting, but not vice versa. That probably should be fixed, or at least it should throw an error telling the user to use \encoding instead.

As a workaround, you can set the PGCLIENTENCODING environment variable before launching psql.

--
 Heikki Linnakangas
 EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Duncan Rance
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6457: Regexp not processing word (with special characters on ends) correctly (UTF-8)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Botched estimation in eqjoinsel_semi for cases without reliable ndistinct