Re: [PGDOCS] Inconsistent linkends to "monitoring" views.

От John Naylor
Тема Re: [PGDOCS] Inconsistent linkends to "monitoring" views.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 4:40 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 6:30 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 01:11:15PM +1100, Peter Smith wrote:
> > > I noticed one or two "monitoring" links and linkends that are slightly
> > > inconsistent from all the others.
> >
> > -   <link linkend="monitoring-pg-stat-subscription">
> > +   <link linkend="monitoring-pg-stat-subscription-view">
> >
> > Is that really worth bothering for the internal link references?
>
> I preferred 100% consistency instead of 95% consistency. YMMV.
>
> > This can create extra backpatching conflicts.
>
> Couldn't the same be said for every patch that fixes a comment typo?
> This is like a link typo, so what's the difference?

My 2 cents: Comment typos are visible to readers, so more annoying
when seen in isolation, and less likely to have surroundings that
could change in back branches. Consistency would preferred all else
being equal, but then again nothing is wrong with the existing links.
In any case, no one has come out in favor of the patch, so it seems
like it should be rejected unless that changes.

--
John Naylor