Re: How to store clickmap points?

От Shane Spencer
Тема Re: How to store clickmap points?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Whatever you did to get 1 million points a day on your site.. I want in.. the name of your marketer please!

I agree with condensing this into a heatmap or a set of RRDs.. one for X.. one for Y.. one for x * (y * max_height)).  You can easily query RRDs later on.. even multiple RRD files at once.

Also.. don't be afraid of flat files.  They compress well.

- Shane

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:29 AM, aasat <satriani@veranet.pl> wrote:
> Instead of storing x/y, have you considered referencing a region of pixels?
The bigger the region, the larger your possible savings.

Good idea, but I don't always have all points and regions will not be fully
filled

От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Triggers operations and log_statement = all not working?
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Sample databases