Re: PL/pgSQL debugger

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL debugger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You did not indicate which O/S you are using, but here are the detailed instructions for Windows.

http://blog.databasepatterns.com/2014/01/installing-debugger-for-pgadmin-on.html

Note that the most important part is to load the .dll in postgresql.conf.

shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugin_debugger.dll'

This should also work for Linux, providing you have the .dll

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Hello,

I googled "plpgsql debugger" and eventually ended up at http://pgfoundry.org/projects/edb-debugger/, where the latest release is almost 8 years old. I am aware that this is not an EDB forum but given that I sent them an e-mail at 9AM EST and I haven't received a response yet I figured it can't hurt to try my question here. Is anyone using it on recent (e.g., 9.5) versions of PostgreSQL. If not, is there any consensus on what one should be using to debug PL/pgSQL functions?

plpgsql debugger should be included directly in pgAdminIII

The necessary extension can 8 years old - it implements communication between client and server side code and this is long time without change
Regards

Pavel

Thanks,

Dane