Re: How to stop autovacuum for daily partition old tables

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: How to stop autovacuum for daily partition old tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can only get a transaction wraparound if you actually do transactions (insert/update/delete) on a table.
Since YOU claim you are not doing that, then you should not get a transaction wraparound for that table.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:54 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
But, will it not create transaction wraparound for those table?

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:

ALTER TABLE your_schema.your_table SET (autovacuum_enabled = false, toast.autovacuum_enabled = false);

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 6:22 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have a table with daily partition schema on Postgresql 9.1 where we are keeping 2 years of data.
Often I experience that autovacuum process is busy with old tables where there is no change. How can I stop it?
Please advice.

Thanks.

--
Melvin Davidson

Melvin Davidson

От: AI Rumman
Сообщение: Re: How to stop autovacuum for daily partition old tables
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to stop autovacuum for daily partition old tables