Re: Algorithm for generating md5 encrypted password not found in documentation

От Derrick Rice
Тема Re: Algorithm for generating md5 encrypted password not found in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Derrick Rice <derrick.rice@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I recall correctly, it's the username and the password concatenated
> and md5'd, then "md5" prepended.
>
> USER=...
> PASS=...
> MD5=`echo $USER$PASS | md5sum | cut -d' ' -f1`
> echo "md5$MD5"

Figures I send the email then discover a small mistake.

It's password first.  So change $USER$PASS to $PASS$USER

От: Derrick Rice
Сообщение: Re: Algorithm for generating md5 encrypted password not found in documentation
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: non-ASCII characters in SGML documentation (and elsewhere)