Re: Failed connection over SSH Tunnel

От Akshay Joshi
Тема Re: Failed connection over SSH Tunnel
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi John

According to the screenshot, the IP addresses of the Tunnel Host and Database server are the same. I tested the SSH Tunnel with the following setup:
On Machine 1 (Ubuntu), PostgreSQL 13 has been installed.
On machine 2 (Windows 10) pgAdmin 4 is running.
Base Machine: Mac OS X (Used for tunneling)

I am able to connect to the database server installed on Ubuntu. Take a look at the screenshot below:
Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 3.57.29 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 3.58.34 PM.png

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 11:53 PM John Anwana <it-support@g6-global.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am having problem using PG Admin 4 to connect to my ubuntu server hosting a PostgreSQL database.

It appears to successfully connect over the ssh tunnel, because it shows a different ssh specific error if I use the wrong username or password

However, I get this error message:

Unable to connect to server: connection to server at 127.0.0.1, port 8761 failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

My question is thus, why is PG Admin trying to connect using port 8761 instead of 5432 as specified in the register server dialog box?

Each time I try again, I get another error with a different pot, almost as if PG admin is using random ports to connect with the DB.

Attached are screenshots of my config.

I would appreciate any assistance on this matter,

Regards,

John Anwana

IT Support

G6 Global | Delivering Critical Communications

m. +44 (0)7755 2023717

t. +44 (0)1454 610050

e. it-support@g6-global.com

w. www.g6-global.com

skype. Jayanwana

The Old Workshop, Hortham Farm, Bristol BS32 4JW UK

This email and the information it contains may be privileged and/or confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this email or any information it contains; Is prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal offence. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the originator support@g6-global.com immediately.

Calcom Holdings Ltd (trading as G6 Global) is a company registered in the United Kingdom . Registered number: 3740662 . Registered office: The Old Workshop, Hortham Farm, Bristol, BS32 4JW.

--

Akshay Joshi

Principal Software Architect

+91 9767888246

www.enterprisedb.com

От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: Re: Opening multiple instances of PgAdmin4 v6
От: "Rohan Nautiyal (TMNA)"
Сообщение: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Opening multiple instances of PgAdmin4 v6