Regarding feature #642

От Nikhil Mohite
Тема Regarding feature #642
Дата
Re: Regarding feature #642  (Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Hackers,

I am currently working on #642 to allow to selection/deselect of objects under the object backup operation.

This will be only applicable to the database and its sub-nodes(Not for Backup Global and Backup server)

Details:
  1. Added a new tab in the backup dialog 'Objects'
  2. On the 'Objects' tab it will list down all the schemas and tables under the selected database.
  3. image.png
  4. If the user selects the specific Schema then it will list down only tables under the selected schema.
  5. Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 4.38.26 PM copy.png
  6. By default, all the nodes from the tree will be selected and the user can deselect them if required.
  7. If the user de-selects all the nodes and took a backup it will take a normal backup and all other nodes will get included in the backup.
Questions:
  1. pgAdmin III use to support taking backup of tables only from the UI, a user was not able to select views, materialized views, foreign tables, and sequences from the backup dialog. (If the user selects all from the checkbox on the UI then other database objects are included implicitly in the backup)
  2. Should we continue with the above behavior or should we now allow the user to select these database objects in the backup dialog?

Please let me know your suggestions/thoughts.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil Mohite