pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend

От Wells Oliver
Тема pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend
Дата
pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend  ("Wetmore, Matthew (CTR)" <Matthew.Wetmore@express-scripts.com>)
Re: pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend  (Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
I usually prefer pg_cancel_backend because it seems.. nicer, but lately I've had a troublesome user who leaves transactions open and I've scripted up a call to pg_terminate_backend after 60 minutes in an idle transaction. It works well.

Question: is there any server impact beyond that user's transaction when calling pg_terminate_backend? I feel like there _used_ to be, maybe in PG9, where I recall maybe seeing a server disconnect or something when using terminate.

Just curious about this approach. Thanks.

От: Sbob
Сообщение: PostgreSQL Logical Replication Questions
От: MichaelDBA
Сообщение: Re: pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend