Re: Persistent changes in rolled-back transactions

От Wells Oliver
Тема Re: Persistent changes in rolled-back transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Why do you say truncate is non-transactional? Something simple proves that it's not?

wells=# create table foo (f text);
wells=# insert into foo values('cat');
INSERT 0 1
wells=# select * from foo;
-----
 cat
(1 row)
wells=# begin;
BEGIN
wells=*# truncate foo;
TRUNCATE TABLE
wells=*# rollback;
ROLLBACK
wells=# select * from foo;
-----
 cat
(1 row)

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 5:16 PM Wael Khobalatte <wael@vendr.com> wrote:
> I've noticed serials still maintain incremented values even when a transaction is rolled back. Are there other similar persistent changes to be aware of?

Postgres sequences (what backs the serial type) are non-transactional. nextval, setval, et al. Truncate is also non-transactional.

От: Wael Khobalatte
Сообщение: Re: Persistent changes in rolled-back transactions
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Persistent changes in rolled-back transactions