Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 - master AND slave

От Wells Oliver
Тема Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 - master AND slave
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Following up to my earlier post: I have a master and a slave server (using WAL), both 9.1. My 9.2 upgrade process is:

1) stop postgres on both servers
2) run pg_upgrade --link on both servers
3) change ports so 9.2 is on 5432, 9.1 on 5433
4) restart

Is this the best way to do it and ensure that the WAL is still being created and the master/slave relationship properly maintained?

Thanks.

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com

От: Vincent Lau
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2 in place, same machine
От: "Struckhoff, Kevin"
Сообщение: Connecting to a remote db server