Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Feature discussion: Should syntax errors abort a transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:
> There is also the case of dynamically generated sql statements based on user selection... being syntax or not, I
wouldnever want half job done. Thia is the purpose of transactions: or all or nothing...

This this this, and again, this.  Imagine:

begin;
insert into tableb selcet * from tableb;
truncate tableb;
commit;

What should happen when we get to the error on the second line?  Keep
going?  Boom, data gone because of a syntax error.

От: Paul Jones
Сообщение: Re: Fine-grained replication?
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: db server processes hanging around