Re: CentOS initd Script

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: CentOS initd Script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your best bet for running > 1 versions and / or > 1 clusters of the
> same version, is to run debian or any debian based distro.  You create
> a new cluster like so:

Just a quick note that back when Centos / RHEL was my main db server
OS, I just built postgresql and slony from source so I could always
have the exact versions of each that  I needed and I just used a
simplified version of the RHEL startup script to start each cluster.
It's not that hard and updating or installing a new version is as easy
as copying a configure.local file, making a few minor edits to it, and
runnning ./configure.local ; make ; make install ; mkdir /some/dir/ ;
initdb -yada ; cp /etc/init.d/pgstartupscript
/etc/init.d/pgstartupscript2 ; vi /etc/init.d/pgstartupscript2

OK not as simple as debian makes it but honestly not all that hard either.