Pooling with npgsql does not seem to work

От Raul Kaubi
Тема Pooling with npgsql does not seem to work
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

We have .NET application (on windows) and postgres 12 database, which sits on CentOS 7 and we are having difficulties getting connection pooling to work.

We are using npgsql driver for pooling, so not interested in pgbouncer or pgbool.

In our appsettings.json file, database connect string is as follows:

ConnectionString": "Host=nnnnn.domain.com;Port=5432;Database=testdb;Username=app_user;Password=xxxxxxx;Pooling=true;MinPoolSize=17;Maximum Pool Size=40;Application Name=testapplication"

When I start application, then I can only see 1 or 2 processes inside database for that specific application. But shouldn't there be minimum of 17 processes created...?

I am checking with the following query, and this num is no more than 2 when application starts.

select datname, usename, application_name, client_addr, client_hostname, count(1) as num
from pg_stat_activity
where usename = 'app_user'
group by datname, usename, application_name, client_addr, client_hostname
order by usename, client_addr, datname;

Any hints..?
There may be possibility that something is wrong with the application code itself.
But to determine the exact cause, I would first like to know that the problem isn-t with the connect string etc..

Raul

От: Thomas SIMON
Сообщение: Re: Weird behavior with unique constraint not respected, and random results on same queries
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Pooling with npgsql does not seem to work