Re: [HACKERS] fix side-effect in get_qual_for_list()

От Jeevan Ladhe
Тема Re: [HACKERS] fix side-effect in get_qual_for_list()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for catching this. For now this isn't a problem since
generate_partition_qual() is crafting PartitionBoundInfo which it
doesn't use anywhere else. But if the function gets used where the
PartitionBoundSpec is being used somewhere else as well.

Yes, this behavior currently does not affect adversely, but I think this
function is quite useful for future enhancements and should be fixed.

While you are
at it, can we use castNode() in place of
PartitionBoundSpec *spec = (PartitionBoundSpec *) bound; Or do you
think it should be done separately?

I have made this change at couple of places applicable.

PFA.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Renaming a table to an array's autogenerated name
От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Renaming a table to an array's autogenerated name