Re: Adding SHOW CREATE TABLE

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Adding SHOW CREATE TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 13:32 David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 10:26 AM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> A server function can be conveniently called from any client code.

Clearly any client using libpq can conveniently call code which is in
libpq.

Clearly there are clients that don't use libpq.  JDBC comes to mind.

Indeed … as I mentioned up-thread already.

Are we saying that we want this to be available server side, and largely duplicated, specifically to cater to non-libpq users?  I’ll put out there, again, the idea that perhaps we put it into the common library then and make it available via both libpq and as a server side function ..?

We also have similar code in postgres_fdw.. ideally, imv anyway, we’d not end up with three copies of it.

Thanks,

Stephen

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Adding SHOW CREATE TABLE
От: MARK CALLAGHAN
Сообщение: Re: benchmark results comparing versions 15.2 and 16