Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4

От Shirley Wang
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello!

Update on colors
As of now, there are several greys are very similar, used across multiple areas of pgAdmin with no overlaps on color.
greys-in-pgAdmin.png
Here are the greys organized by scale, with the narrowed down greys underneath:
v1- palette.png

The palette of 6 greys is flexible enough to be used across all the areas within pgAdmin, and easier to map consistency.v1.png
Here's what it looks like with the 6 greys

Dropdown menus
Change from having white hover to dark grey, keeps text color the same
Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 11.35.54 AM.png

Query tool
greys-v2 (1).png
I think some interesting things with color contrast are introduced once we look at the uneditable query editor as accessed through 'View all Data'.
viewalldata-greys (2).png
We can address this either by changing the greys in the results table, or changing the grey in the query editor. As of now, I think changing the query editor grey might work better to make sure that when columns are selected in the 'Data Output' panel, they stand out with the blue.

If we lighten the editor table and fade out the text in the editor, it would look like this:
viewalldata-lightgrey-opacity.png
Thoughts?

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:24 PM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:

I think the addition of icons and some copy would help:
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.28.41 AM.png

Agreed.
+1

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Markus Zapke-Gründemann
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgadmin4 on PyPI
От: Sarah McAlear
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Dependents and Dependencies in GreenPlum