Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4

От Shirley Wang
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:40 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello!

Update on style guide location
We're going to move the agreed upon styles from Figma onto a webpage that will be accessible by everyone. We've decided to have a static site, with the html and css available to copy and paste. We'll add components to the style guide after we update the current UI with new styles.

Dropdown styles
I noticed that some drop downs include a 'x' next to the current option in the text field:

The 'x' and the down arrow functionally do the same thing, and it seems redundant to have both. I would suggest removing the 'x' since selecting another option from the dropdown will automatically replace the current option.

No they don't. The x clears the current selection, and opens the combo. The arrow will just open the combo. Both operations are valid (and in some cases, required), but for clarity we probably should change it such that the x doesn't open the combo.

If the 'x' doesn't open the combo, Is there a way to just type in that text field without opening the drop down menu? It seems like in many of the fields where there is an 'x' a user would still need to open the dropdown first to type.

options.png

In most cases where I've seen a text field with options, usually a drop down appears automagically without a need for a dropdown icon or x

googlesearch.gif

text_field_dropdowns.gif

Button toggles vs checkboxes
In some cases within dialogs, a toggle is used to define yes or no, while in other cases a radio button is used to define yes or no:

It does seem like 'Connect now?'  and 'Save password' (in 'Connection' tab within 'Create - Server') are the only places where checkboxes are used, is there a reason why these are different? I think we should just choose one, unless there was a specific reason as to why both check boxes and toggles are used.

I think it was just because that was one of the very first dialogues written, when we were in POC mode. It should be fixed.

ok!

От: Shirley Wang
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design update] Style guide for pgAdmin4