Question regarding mail server

От Christos Roussidis
Тема Question regarding mail server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello,

I would like to ask you a question regarding the mail server. So when running pgadmin4 in server mode it requires a mail server to send emails for things like 2FA and password reset.

It seems impossible though to disable that function. Our setup doesn't need a mail server at all as we only use authenticator for the 2FA and admins are able to configure passwords and change them for the rare case that the user needs a reset on them.

On version 7.3 I am getting in logs the error
> 2023-07-27 11:37:09,086: ERROR  pgadmin:    'mfa.send_email_code'

The above error on version 7.5 is not silent anymore and even breaks our running pgadmin4 instance. It would really help if we had a toggle switch in the settings where we could completely disable the mail server functionality.

Thank you in advance

От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: pgAdmin 4 v7.5 Released
От: Aditya Toshniwal
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding mail server