Re: Question regarding mail server

От Christos Roussidis
Тема Re: Question regarding mail server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello Aditya,

Thank you for your prompt response,

Did it work on the desktop mode or in server mode? I face that problem in the server mode.

I will send you the configuration I have set

OS: debian 11
pgadmin4 version :7.3 (working, but error is being printed in logs), 7.5 (not working)
config file location: /etc/pgadmin/config_system.py

Contents of config file
# Two-factor Authentication Configuration

# Set it to True, to enable the two-factor authentication
MFA_ENABLED = True

# Set it to True, to ask the users to register forcefully for the
# two-authentication methods on logged-in.
MFA_FORCE_REGISTRATION = False

# pgAdmin supports Two-factor authentication by either sending an one-time code
# to an email, or using the TOTP based application like Google Authenticator.
MFA_SUPPORTED_METHODS = ["authenticator"]

# NOTE: Please set the 'Mail server settings' to use 'email' as two-factor
# authentication method.

# Subject for the email verification code
# Default: <APP_NAME> - Verification Code
# e.g. pgAdmin 4 - Verification Code
MFA_EMAIL_SUBJECT = None

These are all the settings that I have and experiencing the issue (also, having postfix installed or not doesn't change anything as the issue persists on two different machines)

Thank you in advance.
Kind Regards,
Christos

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 12:27 PM Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Christos,

I tried simply setting up 2FA without SMTP config and things worked fine. No email required and no errors.
The password reset is required to send email as pgAdmin needs to send the reset link for the first "email with password" authentication.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 3:34 PM Christos Roussidis <xristos.roussidis@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to ask you a question regarding the mail server. So when running pgadmin4 in server mode it requires a mail server to send emails for things like 2FA and password reset.

It seems impossible though to disable that function. Our setup doesn't need a mail server at all as we only use authenticator for the 2FA and admins are able to configure passwords and change them for the rare case that the user needs a reset on them.

On version 7.3 I am getting in logs the error
> 2023-07-27 11:37:09,086: ERROR  pgadmin:    'mfa.send_email_code'

The above error on version 7.5 is not silent anymore and even breaks our running pgadmin4 instance. It would really help if we had a toggle switch in the settings where we could completely disable the mail server functionality.

Thank you in advance

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal

От: Aditya Toshniwal
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding mail server
От: Aditya Toshniwal
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding mail server