Re: Philosophical question

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Philosophical question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> wrote:
> Well, it was on the general list of php.net.
> I read your link and understood your not a particular fan of PHP.
> I'm not exactly dogmatic about PHP either. It's just the first approach to
> the web-app topic for me. One has to start somewhere.   :-}

The biggest problem with PHP, imho, is actually that it's so easy to
use. Anyone can get a WYSIWYG editor, save as HTML, and have a web
page... and then all you need to do is rename it to ".php" and put
some special tags in it, and look! You have a dynamic web page and
it's so awesome! At least, it is until you try to go further, and you
start adding mess on top of mess on top of mess.

There are a few more fundamental issues with the language, but mainly,
it gets the blame for myriad bad PHP programmers.

I prefer Pike. It's designed for writing servers, performance is
pretty decent, it's a high level language, and it has great database
support (including Postgres-specific features, some of which are quite
handy).

Chris Angelico

От: Marti Raudsepp
Сообщение: Re: when was pg_stat_reset() used in my server for the last time
От: David Owen
Сообщение: Re: Philosophical question