Re: recasting to timestamp from varchar

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: recasting to timestamp from varchar
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Kirk Wythers <wythe001@umn.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to re-cast a column as a timestamp>
>
> ALTER TABLE sixty_min ALTER COLUMN time2 TYPE timestamp;
> ERROR:  column "time2" cannot be cast to type timestamp without time zone
>
> The column time2 is currently a varchar. I actually do not want to mess with time zones, but it seems that postgres
willnot let me do this.

What exactly do you mean about your time zones? Are all your times in
UTC? If they're all in "local time", then you'll want to record time
zones, if only to prevent confusion around DST. It's really much MUCH
safer to incorporate tz.

ChrisA

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: pgpool2 load balancing not working
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL run as process in windows