Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1

От Micky Gough
Тема Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Greg,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have a postgres database, 9.1.3, which shows a fairly constant amount of space used by postgres, but total disk space kees shrinking.
If I restart postgres the space on my file system returns.

It sounds like (maybe?) Postgres is writing to a file that has been deleted. You won't be able to see the file using ls, so it's hard to track. Restarting postgres will release the lock on the inode and the filesystem flushes it.

You can check for deleted files that are being held open using lsof |grep deleted.

Micky

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1
От: Dinesh Bhandary
Сообщение: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1