Re: support for CREATE MODULE

От Swaha Miller
Тема Re: support for CREATE MODULE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:46 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Feb  2, 2022 at 06:28:30PM -0800, Swaha Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm following up from Jim's POC for adding MODULE to PostgreSQL. [1]
>
> My proposal implements modules as schema objects to be stored in a new
> system catalog pg_module with new syntax for CREATE [OR REPLACE] MODULE,

You might want to consider the steps that are most successful at getting
Postgres patches accepted:

        https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
        Desirability -> Design -> Implement -> Test -> Review -> Commit

In this case, you have jumped right to Implement.  Asking about
Desirability first can avoid a lot of effort.

Thanks Bruce, that's really helpful. I was building on the discussion in Jim's
original thread, which is why I went ahead with another POC implementation,
but I do consider this implementation as part of the desirability/design aspect
and am hoping to get input from the community to shape this proposal/patch.

Swaha Miller

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Release notes for February minor releases
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: should vacuum's first heap pass be read-only?