Re: Training for seasoned DBAs new to postgres?

От Charles Schultz
Тема Re: Training for seasoned DBAs new to postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A couple folks have already responded privately with some ideas. I have another related question - for Oracle and MS SQL Server we pay for support. As Postgres is open-source, what is the popular opinion from this group on getting immediate, 24x7 support for postgres issues?

On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 6:43 AM Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day!

We have a group of Oracle and MS SQL Server DBAs who are looking to get a jump start on postgres. Would anyone here have recommendations for high-quality postgres training that focuses on administration (architecture, filesystem layout/optimization, install, configure, update/patching, backup and restore, user security, performancing tuning)? Most of the training that I have been able to find so far are more along the lines of "zero to hero", with a lot of focus on sql.

We are in Illinois, and I see that there is a Postgres user group in Chicago, but the website listed on the User Group community page seems defunct.

Thanks for your time and attention.

--
Charles Schultz

--
Charles Schultz

От: Charles Schultz
Сообщение: Training for seasoned DBAs new to postgres?
От: Peter Gram
Сообщение: Re: Training for seasoned DBAs new to postgres?