Re: Oracle vs PG

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Oracle vs PG
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Em ter, 23 de out de 2018 às 17:48, Ravi Krishna <srkrishna1@aol.com> escreveu:

> I agree but this is the key:
>
> "Savepoints are an important database tool for tracking and recovering individual transactions. On Prime Day, an excessive number of savepoints was created, and Amazon's Aurora software wasn't able to handle the pressure, slowing down the overall database performance, the report said."

If it's true (I don't know Oracle enough to have a clear opinion) then they should think better their database transactions design/architecture and not just move...

And to improve our Savepoint infrastructure we need a more detailed information.

Regards,

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/