Re: Date created for tables

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Date created for tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Em seg., 23 de dez. de 2019 às 23:14, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> escreveu:

> You all are grossly over-complicating this.

Maybe we are really very conservative, but everyone needs to understand that every single piece of code added to core is our responsibility to maintain and make sure don't break the whole thing.

I know it is a desired feature but on the other hand we put a lot of effort to make PostgreSQL very extensible, so IMHO why don't put effort to create an extension to implement this feature instead of trying repeatedly to get it into the core without any success.

Using EventTriggers is very easy to get a very first version tracking local objects and if we need to add shared objects (databases, roles, tablespaces) we can use hooks and some piece of C code to do the job.

Regards,

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: logical replication protocol
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Date created for tables